Intek - Field Service and Installation Supervisor
Field Service and Installation Supervisor
Intek Communications Inc. is looking to fill the position of Field Service and Installation Supervisor, under the direction of the Regional Manager. The Field Service and Installation Technician will primarily be responsible to address customer complaints and concerns that have been escalated in a timely and professional manner. This position will celebrate successes and foster an atmosphere of success by coaching and providing support to Field Service and Installation Technicians.
What does Intek have to offer?
Intek Communications Inc. offers competitive salary, discounts on home phone, internet, cable, security and wireless services. Intek provides a company vehicle, gas card, Canada wide talk and text cell phone plan, industry specific tools and the opportunity for career advancement.
In addition to the above, this position pays a salary of $50,000+ annually.
This position requires travel throughout York and Simcoe regions.
- Accountability - Takes ownership of personal workload, as well as the workload of employees under his/her direction.
- Adaptability - Adapts and responds to changing conditions, priorities, technologies, and requirements.
- Client/Customer Focus - Provides superior service to both internal and external customers.
- Health and Safety Leadership - Ensures that employees are following health and safety policies, procedures and regulations. Models appropriate behaviours.
- Problem Solving - Able to break down a situation into smaller pieces to identify key issues and figure out cause and effect relationships in order to solve. Use logic and analytical methods to come to realistic solution.
- Professionalism - Demonstrates professional standards of conduct when governing interactions between individuals in a business environment.
- Resourceful - Responds to difficult situations or workplace requirements by using the available tools and information to support decisions and solutions.
- Managing Performance - Identifies employee's strengths and weaknesses and provides long-term direction and support regarding areas of growth.
- Results Orientation - Able to focus on desired outcomes, and the means by which they are achieved by meeting and or exceeding standards based on past performance, goals, and objectives, as well as the performance and/or achievements of others.
- Address customer complaints and concerns that have been escalated in a timely and professional manner
- Celebrate successes and foster an atmosphere of success
- Evaluate employee performance in ride along and observation settings and provide the feedback to the Regional Manager
- Oversee staff to ensure work is being performed according to established standards by completing ride alongs and spot checks
- Ensure that metrics are maintained and provide coaching to employees to improve metrics
- Maintain shift schedules to ensure sufficient employee coverage and manage changes in shifts and availability while communicating these changes to both the employees and Intek's client
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly reporting as assigned by the regional manager
- Ensure employees have clear goals and are aware of expectations
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and comply with company policies, procedures, and ethical standards
- Ensure that all staff under your direction are equipped with and are using the proper personal protective equipment
- Ensure that employees are aware of and adhere to all health and safety regulations
- Handle employee complaints and incidents, including conflict resolution, accidents, health and safety concerns, work refusals, and investigations
- Provide informal feedback and coaching to staff on an ongoing basis
- Stay informed on new or emerging trends and technologies that provide clear benefits to the organization, business partners, employees or customers
- Highly developed understanding of industry regulations, standards, and best practices
- Ability to adapt to new technology
- Ability to delegate, set expectations, and monitor progress of all direct reports
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on mentoring and motivation of employees
- Ability to identify issues and implement creative and strategic solutions to overcome problems
- Ability to remain calm and poised in urgent situations
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of comparable supervisory experience
- Ability to speak other languages is considered an asset
- Must have a valid Ontario Driver's License
- Must have valid auto insurance
- Must have acceptable driving record
- Must be willing to provide a Criminal Background Check
- Attendance and participation in training
- High levels of stress and pressure
- Interaction with employees, management, customers/clients and the public at large
- Daily driving of company provided vehicle
- Flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Work at heights, utilize and maneuver a 75lb 28 foot extension ladder
- Operation of laptop computer, hand tools such as drills, and specialized tools such as Signal Strength Meters
Intek Communications Inc. seeks to fully integrate the principles of Employment Equity and will ensure the full participation and advancement of members of historically disadvantaged groups (i.e., members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, women, and aboriginal peoples). Intek Communications Inc. will achieve this by ensuring that its hiring process is fair and equitable for all persons.
Return To Previous Page