Intek - Warehouse Assistant - Full Time
Intek Communications Inc is looking to fill the position of Warehouse Assistant (Full Time) who, under the direction of the Warehouse Manager, will primarily be responsible to inspect and verify shipped goods for both incoming and outgoing items prior to signing off; reject damaged goods. This position will provide feedback to management regarding customer problems, mechanical problems, or delivery problems. This role will also resolve any cases of missing documentation, shipments, or deliveries.
What does Intek have to offer?
Intek Communications Inc. offers a competitive salary, Health and Dental Benefits, discounts on home phone, internet, cable, security, and wireless services and the opportunity for career advancement.
- Attention to Detail - Attends to details and pursues quality in the accomplishment of tasks, regardless of the volume of duties encountered.
- Commitment to Health and Safety - Works in compliance with all applicable health and safety legislation and established policies and procedures.
- Cooperation - Works with others to prevent conflict and share resources to encourage symbiotic relationships within the organization.
- Economical - Ensures work is completed in a way that is conscientious of company resources.
- Judgment - Ability to use sound reasoning when faced with various issues. Has the ability to make quick, effective decisions.
- Organization - Able to create or maintain processes to ensure all relevant information or tools are easily accessible.
- Ownership - Takes pride in the work that is accomplished, and understands the function of tasks within the larger picture of the organization. Ensures deadlines are met and work is completed properly.
- Professionalism - Demonstrates professional standards of conduct when governing interactions between individuals in a business environment.
- Resourceful - Responds to difficult situations or workplace requirements by using the available tools and information to support decisions and solutions.
- Teamwork - Works cooperatively and effectively with others to reach a common goal. Participates actively in group activities fostering a team environment.
- Time Management - Balances a myriad of tasks; prioritizes duties as needed.
- Inspect and verify shipped goods for both incoming and outgoing items prior to signing off; reject damaged goods
- Prepare and schedule shipments as assigned including appropriate paperwork for shipping and bills of lading
- Provide feedback to management regarding customer problems, mechanical problems, or delivery problems
- Resolve any cases of missing documentation, shipments, or deliveries
- Track shipments and verify receipts of shipments as required
- Accurately and appropriately file correspondence, invoices, and receipts
- Adhere to established safe working procedures and wear the proper safety equipment at all times
- Compile, verify, record, and process documentation
- Receive and process warehouse stock products
- Report any discrepancies in inventory to management
- Operate lifting devices such as forklifts
- Manually load and unload materials from pallets, skids, platforms, cars, and lifting devices
- Assist with the cleaning and shuttling of vehicles
- Tag, mark, or label stock items and ensure they are placed in the correct storage location
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Warehousing experience considered an asset
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Demonstrated knowledge of driving rules and regulations
- Demonstrated time management skills
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Valid Driver's license and acceptable driver's abstract required
- Flexible hours including some night and weekend work
- Operation and use of necessary tools, machinery, or equipment
- Extended periods of standing, and other physically demanding conditions
- Lifting, moving, or manipulating objects up to 50lbs
- Hours of work are 7am to 2pm Monday to Friday at $15.00/hr
Intek Communications Inc. seeks to fully integrate the principles of Employment Equity and will ensure the full participation and advancement of members of historically disadvantaged groups (i.e., members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, women, and aboriginal peoples). Intek Communications Inc. will achieve this by ensuring that its hiring process is fair and equitable for all persons.
Return To Previous Page